It’s been a while my friends, families, foes and other individuals I care not to mention because I just can’t be arsed.
I’m reaching out to say that this will be my last post before I shutdown my blog. For no other reason than the simple justification that I don’t need to do this any more. I started this blog because I felt the need to convey my emotions, to write about my experiences as I stepped outside of my comfort zone and to document my growth as a human being doing life over the last few years.
Honestly, the last 5 years of my life could have broken or made me and thankfully, it’s the latter. I’ve grown more than I ever thought possible. As a friend, a parent, and as a husband. Or so I hope?
Yes, perhaps this is a natural conclusion that you come to as you age and become wiser. Your priorities change and you realize that life, for all intents and purposes, is a very simple journey. Albeit a short one depending on how you make use of your time and it’s much easier than you think. You can be the best you can be if you heed the wisdom and experience of your elders. As most of us do in our fleeting youth, we tend to ignore the mad ravings of our parents but we all get there in the end.
Simply put, keep yourself free of unnecessary complications and wasted emotions. It’s just not worth your time or effort when you look at the bigger picture.
So…a few words of advice from a man of the world who’s soul is a lot older than his body…
- Floss your teeth. It will save you a lifetime of pain, embarrassment and it will be easier on your finances when you visit your dentist
- Change your underpants daily. It’s just gross otherwise
- Run or jog everyday like you are hunting for your own survival. Hell, run to McDonald’s if you have to. At least it’s something and your body will thank you in 10 years
- Learn to cook. It’s going to take a lot longer than you think to find a woman that’s going to put up with your shit and there is only so much 2 minute (now 3 minutes apparently to manage expectations?) noodles you can eat
- Start saving for your pension from the age of 10. With the rate of inflation, you don’t have much of a choice unless you are prepared to live on 2 minute (I mean 3 minute) noodles for the rest of your life
- Dance like nobody is watching. The reality is that almost 95% of the human population is just winging it. So don’t worry…You aren’t the only muppet in the room
- Invest in a good quality bar espresso machine for coffee in the morning. There’s nothing better than a good cup of java
- Invest in a dish washer. I hope I don’t need to explain this but it will reduce the arguments you have with your future partner by 85%. The rest is just gravy
On a more serious note:
- Love those close to you, every day, like it’s the last time you’ll see them
- Never go to sleep without saying you are sorry
- Don’t worry about the small things and don’t argue about them either
- Be as patient and understanding as possible
- Really appreciate the ones closest to you. Stop, look and listen
- Don’t care about what other people say behind your back
- Stand fast in your beliefs but respect the beliefs of others
- Be the best you can be in life and in all things you do
- Everyone has an opinion. Don’t stress if it doesn’t align with yours
- Always look for and find common ground
I know you are human and you have your pride but I’ll say this one last time. There are bigger things in the universe to worry about. Don’t worry about the small things, the naysayers and other people’s emotional baggage that makes them feel the need to offload their insecurities onto you. You are better than that. Be more than just another human being. Be a human doing.
Good luck and safe travels on your own journey. Make the best of the time you have left on this earth and most importantly be wise, take heed, keep calm and carry on.
PS: This is not a cry for help in case anyone freaks out. It’s just me trying to impart some wisdom.
Great, glad we cleared that up! Now blow those noses and wipe away the tears. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start making a difference.