It’s been a while…possibly ‘eleventy’ million years since I last wrote a blog post and used my synapses for something else other than survival. ‘Eleventy’ is a real word by the way…just ask Trump and if you disagree then he’ll distract you with some random incoherent mumbling. Right…enough with the faff then. Good news for anyone that may happen upon this random post that I decided to write at 2:44 am in the morning.
I know right… -_- Anyway, I digress. Onwards and upwards!
Here’s my and possibly your list of things to be grateful for this year:
- I wrote a new blog post for you. You should be grateful so shut up and read it.
- I’ve managed to keep myself and my family alive. That’s a win in my book.
- I have a happy wife that loves sleeping, sloths and sleeping some more. Ticks all the boxes then.
Not an actual picture of my wife.
- I have a 10 year old teenager that’s adapted well to the challenges he’s faced over the past few years. I couldn’t be any prouder of my son. Albeit, that he thinks I’m a right nob. One day he’ll understand what it means to be a father. Cue grandpa tears…
- It’s been almost 4 years since I’ve been embraced by the UK and I’m loving it.
- I enjoy the winter here and the frosticles (totally legit word this time) that form on my face as I make my way home at night. See below images for reference.
FYI…This is what snow looks like.
—-> O_O <—- What I imagine your facial expression is if you’ve never seen snow.
This is Jon with Snow frosticles on his face.
Credit: Some show about games, dragons, some really great sculptured thrones made of swords, mountains that move and other random shit.
- I have a good job, I’ve learnt a lot and I work with an awesome team of individuals.
- I live a bazillion miles from London. Yet my train ride defies time and I somehow manage to make the trip within 30 minutes. Train delays still destroy the weary traveller’s soul and the tube is a sweat box in summer. I guess all we can do is keep calm and carry on..right?
- I finally have a home again after giving up everything to go on this adventure. That being said with great power comes even greater responsibility and debt till my ears fall off. C’est la vie…
- I have a cat named Choowie who welcomes me home with a meewo (hello in CAT. I trained him.) and a deep sniff of my shoe because he’s deranged or possibly obsessed. I’m still trying to figure that out. FYI…He’s sitting next to me right now \_O_O_/….
This is my cat. Case in point. Head in shoe.
Ritual as follows…
- Master is home, must sniff and absorb the essence from his shoe.
- Master’s scent must now be replaced with my own.
- I must now greet my master with a meewo and in return I will receive a rub.
- My life is complete, I will now sleep, eat and poop for the next 16 hours until he returns so that I can repeat the process.
Ah the life of a cat…
So all in all, It’s good and we’ve made significant progress. Sure there are hard times and I do miss my family. I may not have reached out as much as I should have over the past few years but my family has always been in my thoughts. That being said, I’m going to try to make it up to everyone, now that I’ve got some time to focus on the bigger picture. Thanks for the catch up and hello from the other side. It feels good to do this again when I feel the need to. Hoping to pop on for another post soon!
XOXO Gossip Girl. Hugs and kisses for everyone.
<—- Don’t Ask